Whether you live near the beach or not, it’s undeniable that beachy wavy hair is setting the trend right now. Easy to create and less stressful on the hair than styles that require heat, beach waves are the go-to summer look that just doesn’t seem to go away! Here are our top 5 tips on how to create and keep the beautiful free flowing wave look this summer:
1. BRAIDS, BRAIDS, BRAIDS- Perfect for a fresh youthful look and also helpful to create a second day wave. Start by braiding your hair in multiple sections when hair is wet or slightly damp the night before you want to wear a wavy style. Or, try braided styles that you can unbraid the following day and spray lightly with a hairspray like Soy Touchable, and get faux-beach babe ready!
2. Respect the Leave-In!- Coat hair with a leave-in conditioner like Soy Want It All or Soy-Tri Wheat pre-beach wave styling. This will help combat overall dryness, and give your locks healthy gloss & shine.
3. Salt is Better- Saltwater from the ocean provides hair with a natural texture that allows for better hold when styling. After a beach day, skip shampooing and use a diffuser, like the Sexy Hair Ultimate Control Dryer while scrunching the hair. If you’re not at the beach, try a beach spray like Soy Renewal Beach Spray on dry or damp hair. Spray product in hair and air dry, the salted formula will give hair the same effect as after-beach day waves.
4. Always Trim- Summer tends to make hair dry, and this can be heightened when using beach sprays that contain salt and other drying agents. One of the best kept secrets to fighting dryness is clipping ends that are already dead. Trim hair right before summer to minimize damage before you head out into the sun.
5. Tools of the trade- When detangling hair after the shower or beach always use a wide tooth comb to give hair separation without breakage. To maintain beautiful hair beach waves every day, spritz a UV protectant like Smooth & Seal to the end of the comb when untangling knots. Also, keep a small water bottle filled with water in your purse and spray your hair throughout the day. Salt in beach water and in products can make hair dryer and a refresher like water can help quench your tresses.
For more info or to try the products mentioned above give us a call on 01279 442 177.
We have been busy doing lots of prom hair for the Passmores Prom – check out the gallery:
Celebrity Hair Stylist David Babaii styled Christina Aguilera, as she hosted NBC’s hit show The Voice and walked the red carpet for the 2013 American Music Awards. Babaii applied Big Sexy Hair Big Boost, an amplifying, texturizing and defining crème as a foundation for a “Marilyn Monroe” inspired look. After blow drying and curling, he applied Big Sexy Hair Powder Play at the roots for instant lift. To finish, he sprayed Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play a fast drying hair spray that leaves hair manageable and super shiny.
We are having a Shampoo Party on Friday 31st January 2014! New year…new you!
Enjoy a glass of bubbly and some nibbles with our team at Harpers
Sample our Sexy hair products at our unique spray and play bar!
Need help and advice with your hair or just fancy something different….. come along for a new hairdo or just some friendly advice.
20% off of all sexy hair products bought on the night
15% off of any bookings made on the night
Complimentary refreshments for all!
HARPERS HAIR IS SEXY HAIR!
For further information please call 01279 442 177
4pm until late
Harpers Hair is now open on Monday from 10am until 2pm!
Due to the extra demand for our services we are now open on Monday’s – so please take advantage of our extended opening hours and book in now.
Enter our Big Sexy Hair Competition and you could win a Sexy Hair goody bag!
Entry: Upload your Big Sexy Hair photo below to be in with a chance of winning a Sexy Hair goody bag. The photo should be of you with your hair in a Big Sexy Hairstyle! Think Marilyn, think waves, think volume!
Competition closes: 31st January 2014 (T&C’s apply)
We will announce the winner on the website!